WE ARE PROUD OF OUR STUDENTS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS AT POWERS CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL
Powers Catholic High School:
- is rooted in the tradition of Catholic schools, passing on the faith in an environment of excellence.
- is a co-educational, AdvancED accredited high school, bringing out the best in students of varying abilities and backgrounds.
- has had more National Merit Semi-finalists in the past 30 years than any school in Genesee County.
- Class of 2015 was awarded over $10-million of academic and athletic scholarship money for their four years of college.
- students have scored significantly higher than the State and National averages on the ACT test for the past three decades.
- offers an Advanced Placement curriculum and 14 different AP tests annually.
- has an in-school, Dual-enrollment program allowing students to earn as many as 30 college credits from Kettering University and the University of Michigan-Flint without leaving the Powers Catholic campus.
- offers a team-taught Honors Humanities program, challenging the best and building their skills.
- offers school-wide retreat programs including the Kairos Retreat program for juniors and seniors; a deeply moving, four-day religious experience to deepen their relationship with God.
- has had students attend many colleges and universities, including: Loyola, DePaul, Dayton, Carnegie Mellon, Dartmouth, John Carroll, Johns Hopkins, MIT, Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Stanford, Penn, Notre Dame and of course, the University of Michigan and Michigan State.
- offers a wonderful fine arts program, foreign language programs, and four years of theology for each student.
- has 46 different athletic teams competing in 27 different sports.
- athletes have won 29 State Championships, more than 200 league and state tournament trophies, and earned more than 325 All-State honors.
- has a caring faculty that utilizes best practice strategies, incorporates high standards, and is committed to Catholic education.